Sunday, October 4, 2009

Her Majesty "appalled"



A report this morning, and not for the first time, that Her Majesty the Queen is "appalled" at the current direction of the Church of England.

Inasmuch as most people with functional cerebral cortexes are appalled at the current direction of the Church of England (downwards in a death spiral), this should be a suprise to no-one.

However, it remains to be seen whether Her Majesty will exert her considerable personal influence over the Church in order to halt said spiral.

We recommend the apocryphal words of the first Elizabeth, to the bishop of Ely:

Proud Prelate, you know what you were before I made you what you are. Comply with my request, or I'll unfrock you, by God!

4 comments:

Beaverbrook said...

I would be grateful if Swift could also post this at T.M.

:-)

Swift said...

Of course.

All done.

Beaverbrook said...

Excellent. My thanks to the doctor.

Lewis said...

I wonder if this has anything to do with Mr Brown's proposed succession law changes? After all, a Queen happy to acknowledge Catholicism could be a dog-whistle on succession law.